Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Term of Endearment

I have always called Jax little bubs. Not sure where it came from other than a friend of mine when he found out I was having a boy started referring to Jax (while in utero) as the little bubba. Not seeing myself as the mom to a bubba I suppose I just sort of shortened it to bubs. Not that that is really any better. :) Over time the nickname has sort of morphed into something that sounds more like ba-ba and now Jaida as well as myself call Jax this and he responds to it. I don't use this as his name all the time it is mostly reserved for snuggle time.

Anyhow, I have noticed over the last several weeks Jax calls me ba-ba when he wants to snuggle or wants a hug. Last night we were in the living room and Joe and I were pointing to everyone and getting Jax to name us. Joe is dada, Jaida is yay-ya, Jax is baby and I am ba-ba ... said with the biggest cheesiest grin you can imagine.

No comments: