Monday, December 19, 2005

Feeling great!

11 weeks 5 days (LMP) 9 weeks 5 days (gestational)

I am just simply feeling great. I get tired and winded easily but that is about it. No nausea at all. Still having some minor acne issues but oh well. Generally, I feel good and my mood has been very even throughout this entire early pregnancy. This is a tad surprising considering I am taking progesterone supplements. Which by the way I am tapering myself off of this week. I am taking one tonight, one on Wednesday and one on Friday and then I am done. Woohoo! Everything is just peachy.

Joe and I are both getting serious boy vibes from this bean. I really am not sure why since the heart-rate is still very similar to Jaida's ... although it has slowed recently from the high 180's to the mid 170's. It just feels like a boy. Then again I am notoriously wrong about these sorts of things and had serious boy vibes with Jaida also and look how that turned out. :) Either way we will be pleased as can be.

Other happenings ... my pants are way too tight but I am way too cheap to buy transitional pants that I will never wear again. So I continue to suffer in silence (more or less). Joe told his mom and brother about the pregnancy over the weekend. I imagine the news is already spreading through the rest of Joe's family. :) My sister has known from the beginning but I will likely let the rest of the family know after Christmas. I think Joe and I will decline the AFP bloodtest this time around. It really doesn't make a difference to us one way or the other so why test. We will not do an amnio either since I go to a midwife and it isn't even offered unless something seems like it is wrong. I likely wouldn't do it anyhow ... just no need. We will likely do the 20 week ultrasound in February at some point to look and make sure the development is on target.

Jaida and I are heading to Brooklyn tomorrow to hang out with a friend and her twin boys for a day and a half and then are heading over to NJ to visit yet more friends. We are both very excited. In fact we just can't wait!

No comments: