Thursday, January 31, 2008

I am the mom of the biter

I feel like I am apologizing to everyone these days due to Jaxon's need to bite when he is teething. His canines are starting to shift about to get ready to come in. Since teething is an agonizingly slow process for the Lamela-Rhea children I imagine I get to be labeled as the "mom of the biter" for several more weeks to come. He only seems to bite when he is teething. He has never biten during any other time. However, during this time the triggers are many ... everything from playful biting to biting out of frustration and no one is off limits, unfortunately. Any discipline regarding the biting just brings attention to the fact that he bit which seems to trigger him to bite more to get a rise out of everybody. It is very annoying.

No comments: