Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Good news

37 week 0 days (LMP) 35 week 0 days (gestational)

Your baby weighs almost 6.5 pounds (2.95 kg). Crown-to-rump length is 14 inches (35 cm). Its total length is 21 inches.

I had my Group B Strep test today. While the midwife was doing that she decided to do my one and only internal exam also. She said I was slightly dilated, baby was vertex and at 0 - +1 station, cervix was extremely soft and spongy and beginning to efface and most importantly already moved to the anteriour position. The anteriour part is great news as she said that is usually the last thing to happen before labor and more importantly allows the baby to enter the birth canal at the right angle. Hopefully, this will alleviate some of the issues I had with Jaida's labor. Other great news is that I can now officially deliver the boy at home if all works out. The midwives only do deliveries from 37 - 42 weeks.

All good news. The boy is going to be here fairly soon.

No comments: