Thursday, June 29, 2006

Let's get this party started

39 weeks 1 day (LMP) 37 weeks 1 day (gestational)

I had an amazing nights sleep last night. First time in months I didn't wake up multiple times to pee. I woke up in a good mood and feeling well rested. I had another full day of the same contractions but today I didn't sit around wondering what is going to happen. I decided not to go to work today and instead called a friend. Jaida and I packed up and went to my friend's house. Marybeth cut my hair and then took about 6 inches off of Jaida's hair also. After we visited a while Jaida decided she wanted to stay and play with Caleb so I went home for a couple of hours to eat lunch and rest. I went back and we all went to the pool for the afternoon.

When I got home I went into insane nesting mode. Laundry became a very urgent matter for some reason. We tidied up the house, cleaned Jaida's room, moved some supplies, ate a good dinner and got Jaida all bathed and ready for be early. I was sitting on the sofa and stood to go see something Jaida wanted me to look at. I made it half way to the front door when I heard a pop and felt a small gush of water. We called the midwife (Regina), birth assistant (Gwen), doula (Mary) and made sure my sister was on her way to help with Jaida and be here for the birth.

So now I sit here waiting for womething to happen. I am still doing laundry and chatting with everyone and waiting for contractions to pick up in intensity.

I will keep you updated.

This will be my last belly picture. It was taken right after my membranes ruptured. If you look closely you can see the baby's feet sticking out of my side right at the edge of my shirt.

No comments: