Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More contractions and other general funkiness

39 weeks 0 days (LMP) 37 weeks 0 days (gestational)

Working on day 2 of 3 minute apart contractions. Fun stuff! I even have them when I am sleeping but like I said not painful at all. Went to work today and I think I might have frightened a few people. :) After going to a retirement luncheon I wasn't feeling too well ... combination of contractions and eating too much likely. Called my midwife and she met us at the house to check me out. Blood pressure was good and low and I dilated another cm and was slightly more effaced (~4 cm and 65% effaced). She did say she could stretch my cervix another cm or 2 ... YIKES! She thinks I am likely losing my mucous plug also. It is sort of coming out slowly and in chunks ... more information than anyone wants I am sure. Anyhow, told to rest up. She thinks when I go I am likely going to go pretty quickly.

No comments: