Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkeys REALLY stink!

8 weeks 3 days (LMP) 6 weeks 3 days (gestational) 45 dpo

Thanksgiving started out with a bang. I woke up more nauseous than I can describe. It was a rough start to the day. The process of preparing food and cooking the turkey didn't help matters much. Just too many smells in one day I think. Happily, the nausea passed by the later part of the day and I was able to enjoy the nice Thanksgiving feast that Joe and I spent the entire day preparing. It was a lovely meal and day and we have much to be thankful for.

Friday I felt great. I had some friends over and Jaida was able to spend some time playing with their son. I pooped out pretty early in the evening but that is normal at this point. Saturday we spent the morning at our favorite garden center looking at all of the beautiful holiday displays. It was a fun day except for the few minutes after a stood up too quickly and had severe ligament pain. I honestly thought my uterus was going to jump out of my body ... not pleasant at all. This afternoon I have had a little more nausea. All in all I have no reason to complain since it is pretty mild and many women have it much worse than me. :)

From Visembryo:

Ossification of the Skeleton Begins

Head and Neck

Nerve plexuses begin to develop in the region of the scalp.

Eyes are pigmented and eyelids begin to develop and may fold.

Thorax

Within the heart, the trunk of the pulmonary artery separates from the trunk of the aorta.

Nipples appear on the chest. Body appears more like a cube.

Abdomen

Kidneys begin to produce urine for the first time.

Pelvis

Genital tubercle, urogenital membrane and anal membrane appear.

Limbs

The critical period of arm development ends, and the arms are at their proper location, roughly proportional to the embryo. However, the hand plates are not finished, but develop further in the next two days. The wrist is clearly visible and the hands already have ridges or notches indicating the future separation of the fingers and the thumbs.

Spine and Skeleton

Ossification of the skeleton begins.

No comments: